Raha International School Abu Dhabi

Raha International School Abu Dhabi

Postby antitravolta » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:48 pm

Anybody know anything about this school? There are no reviews in the member section and I haven't heard of them.

Postby gus » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:09 am

This is a for profit school - off island. Not a bad place to start but not a place you would want to make a career of. Could live comfortably here but not save a ton unless you chose to tutor after school or evenings, then you can send your paycheck home. Work expectations are reasonable and the school rents out facilities after school so extra-curr expectations are not huge. Pretty young staff that generally has a lot of fun together.

Are you coming with family or single, and what do you have for teaching/overseas experience?

Postby inman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:22 am

The reviews are under 'Al Raha International School' in the members section.
inman

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Postby antitravolta » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:58 pm

[quote="inman"]The reviews are under 'Al Raha International School' in the members section.[/quote]

That explains it. Thanks! Seems like a decent place to get IB experience.

Postby Yantantether » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:11 pm

The reviews didn't look too 'decent'.
Yantantether

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:41 am

Postby gus » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:21 am

Postby nkraai » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:07 pm

[quote="gus"]I am at another IS in Abu Dhabi and am familiar with the country and school so if you have specific questions, ask away.[/quote]

nkraai

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:04 am

Postby antitravolta » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:01 pm

@Gus or others, what would you say about the American Community School of Abu Dhabi?[/quote]

It's widely considered the best school in Abu Dhabi and first tier with from what I've seen the best package in the UAE.

Postby ajamet » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi everyone.I am new to the forum but have been looking for quite some time. @Gus, I was recently offered a position at Raha. If anyone can give me more information about the area and the school I would be so grateful.
ajamet

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Postby gus » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:13 am

American Community School. - Great school...Tier 1. Kids are amazing, good extra-curr programs. Would jump at the chance to work here.

RAHA - Not a tier 1 school but an ok school to get experience.

Abu Dhabi is an easy place to live with lots going on and generally good salaries although I'm not sure about Raha.

Postby ajamet » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:52 am

Thank you Gus. They have also offered my husband an assistant job at the school and have recently sent us the list of benefits. Would you be willing to answer some questions by email? Thank you.
ajamet

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Postby gus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:14 am

no problem, send me your email and I can answer what you need.

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Return to Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests