Schools in Lima

Rover

Schools in Lima

Post by Rover »

Can anybody give me any advice about the best schools in Lima? Or in the rest of Peru for the matter? Am considering moving there.

There are something 15 IB colleges in Lima alone I was told.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Go only if you don't bring your kids! There are NO true international schools in Lima.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I was told Roosevelt was the closest they get to an international school. What about the British schools? There seem to be a lot...which are the better ones?

More interested in good schools to work in and am with 2 kids so that is a consideration...
Last edited by Rover on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Roosevelt is 80% Peruvian, and 94% Spanish speakers. Other schools are more. Just left last year. Awesome country..... Bad schools!! Rich Peruvians are not nice people.....
Rover

Post by Rover »

Any chance you could give me a quick breakdown of the schools please Mike?

I would have PMd you but it says it has been disabled on this board for some reason.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Roosevelt= Used to be the international school, most expats left during the Shining Path years, hence lots of Peruvians. Lots of animosity between local hires and overseas hire teachers.

Markham= BIG Peruvian school, hope you speak Spanish.

Newton= Smaller Private school, some embassy kids, as this is where they live. The DEA kids go here as well as they want their kids to learn Spanish.

Christian School= Actually the most international school. Growing, small space, NICE kids, low pay.

Good luck. If you are single, speak Spanish, leave school at 3:30pm, easy going, Peru could be a great place. It has the most AMAZING travel opportunists! Good luck!