AAS Moscow Experiences?

RMRK

AAS Moscow Experiences?

Post by RMRK »

Have you taught at AAS in Moscow or St. Petersburg? Any advice? Have you had a good experience? How is the administration? Any info on taking a dog or cat with you to the school? Thanks!
Eric

AAS Moscow

Post by Eric »

I have no first hand experience but I have a colleague at my current school who was there three years ago. He raves about it!
joe

teaching in Moscow

Post by joe »

I taught at AAS Moscow 4 years ago, so much of the admin has changed. The kids were fantastic and the school was top-notch. The apartments were ok - all teachers in 3 buildings - kind of "dorm" living - seeing a lot of each other. I wouldn't recommend bringing a pet since there are no houses with yards and walking your pet in the cold winters along busy streets isn't adviseable. Draw-backs of Moscow - traffic is insane, the city is quite polluted, and the winters are endless. The pay is good, but it doesn't go as far as you expect it to, since things in Moscow are very expensive, and you spend a lot on getting out of the country during vacations (it's really not a place you can stay and chill out during the holidays). It wasn't the place for me, but some people were very happy there.
samjad

Post by samjad »

I've been here for 5 years. Great school. Moscow traffic is nuts and the darkness in the winter is tough on many people. However, the travel opportunities are awesome, city is otherwise very vibrant and alive. Savings potential is really good too. I would highly recommend coming here.