Steve Masiah (sp?)

daleann

Steve Masiah (sp?)

Post by daleann »

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about him. We're getting him for our new principal. I believe he is coming from a school in Kong Kong.
Thanks!
pbunce

Steve Massiah

Post by pbunce »

Steve Massiah is leaving Hong Kong International School, where he's been a Dean and Counsellor in the secondary school. He's had previous experience as a principal in Canada. He's a trained psychologist/counsellor.
You'll like him.
aem43

Post by aem43 »

Is this the same Stephen Messiah that is currently working at Ruamrudee in Thailand?
wandering

The same Steve M.

Post by wandering »

Yes
brianbrainbutte

still in school?

Post by brianbrainbutte »

I am curious to know how the year went, I have a friend who was contacted about a position at this school. Any feedback on what this place is like or how she might like this school/principal? Is he coming back? She is a little leary of working in Bangkok with all the stories but I know a lot of people love it and there are a lot of good schools.
[quote="aem43"]Is this the same Stephen Messiah that is currently working at Ruamrudee in Thailand?[/quote]
ichiro

Post by ichiro »

deleted
Last edited by ichiro on Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brianbrainbutte

stories such as...

Post by brianbrainbutte »

this one that sensationalizes the violence of the southern provinces, much closer to Malaysia than Bangkok. Any comparison here would be like saying "Don't go to Philadelphia because of all the inner city killings in Detroit." Also single woumen have a tougher time in BKK than do men, for many reasons, although you don't find many single women who don't love it there as I hear. It seems to be hard to figure out the BEST school in Bkk nowadays with BKK Patana and NIST growing and ISB taking a beating in all areas. ISB seems to be sliding downhill fast.

http://www.ajarnforum.net/vb/856433-post1.html
ichiro

Post by ichiro »

deleted
Last edited by ichiro on Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mamanaia

Post by mamanaia »

I'm a teacher at Ruamrudee IS and was surprised that it was not listed among the top international schools in Bangkok. It ranks right up there with the other three mentioned. There are also other really good international schools in Bangkok, though they focus more on the British Curriculum than they do a truly international curriculum.

I have not worked directly with Stephen Messiah, as he is Primary School Principal and I am in the High School, but I have interacted with him regarding school-wide functions and have been very impressed with him, his dedication to the students and his vision for the Primary School. I also am friendly with many Primary School teachers who have wonderful things to say about Mr. Messiah.
ichiro

Post by ichiro »

deleted
Last edited by ichiro on Sat May 05, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vsp200

Steve Massiah

Post by vsp200 »

Steve Massiah did a good job at Ruamrudee.
Last edited by vsp200 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
calciodirigore

Post by calciodirigore »

I think we should leave comments about schools to those that are or have recently worked there. Ichiro: I appreciate your desire to work at ISB - I have a couple of schools in mind for the next hiring fairs that I glorify to myself, too. However, I rather hear about them from someone who's had first hand experience.

I don't mean to be disrespectful or even the least bit confrontational, just thought I'd throw this in the ring.

Cheers.
specialed

Post by specialed »

Wow! You went back a year to find something to bring up. Did Ichiro do something/say something that still bothers you?
calciodirigore

Post by calciodirigore »

Not quite sure I follow you..

I was referring to the post on this topic. Not really bothered, just a helpful suggestion.
specialed

Post by specialed »

His post is dated Fri Aug 01, 2008. That's over a year ago.