Search Associates-Sally Gordon

xyz

Search Associates-Sally Gordon

Post by xyz »

Has anyone experienced the same problem? A colleague and I have the same associate, Sally Gordon. We feel that if you're a new teacher entering the international circuit, then she will bend over backwards to help you. However, when you contact her again for future fairs, she ignores you. We have sent numerous polite emails to her asking what to do, suggestions, etc. before re-registering. However, she doesn't respond. Is her kindness a cover? Unfortunately, you can't switch to another associate (supposedly). This is not the way to treat your "customers." I'm losing respect for Sally and Search.

...and NO, we have done nothing wrong to have caused us to be blacklisted.
enchiladas

Post by enchiladas »

I think the reps do not like to be asked for suggestions and advice and so on unless you get yourself to a fair. Once you're there, you are all set. They seem to not put time into you unless you are a warm body in their face. I think that teachers who ask for help via email are considered too "high maintenance."
justmeee

exactly!

Post by justmeee »

enchiladas wrote:I think the reps do not like to be asked for suggestions and advice and so on unless you get yourself to a fair. Once you're there, you are all set. They seem to not put time into you unless you are a warm body in their face. I think that teachers who ask for help via email are considered too "high maintenance."
until they are sure they are going to make money on you, you are chopped liver. not a good way to get teachers to refer their friends, but money hungry associates are a little short sighted. too bad you can't switch to harry deelman.
markinship

Sally is fairly amazing

Post by markinship »

My experience with her has been nothing short of great. She was super helpful and supportive in times of need-great sense of humor too.
rwalrath

My experience was also favorable

Post by rwalrath »

I worked with Sally for a while last year before my wife and I decided not to make the jump then. We haven't contacted her this year, but my experience was totally positive.