Did Anyone Notice?

Informed

Did Anyone Notice?

Post by Informed »

Did anyone notice the new 'thou shall not' pact Sear Associates, ISS and a few others made about discrimination. I found it on the Sear website. I was surprised to see ISS involved since they appear to be the most foul.

In any event, who are they trying to fool?! Sorry, what i mean to say is what good is the statement without presenting the steps one may take to register a complaint or follow-up. I couldn't seem to find a suggested list of consequences either.

If might be worthwhile for teachers to send in some suggestions to these agencies or simply pose the question of exactly how their pact works.
mnolan

Re: Did Anyone Notice?

Post by mnolan »

Informed wrote:Did anyone notice the new 'thou shall not' pact Sear Associates, ISS and a few others made about discrimination. I found it on the Sear website. I was surprised to see ISS involved since they appear to be the most foul.

In any event, who are they trying to fool?! Sorry, what i mean to say is what good is the statement without presenting the steps one may take to register a complaint or follow-up. I couldn't seem to find a suggested list of consequences either.

If might be worthwhile for teachers to send in some suggestions to these agencies or simply pose the question of exactly how their pact works.

I wonder what type of discrimination? Is Blackballing a form?
mexteacher

afraid of the internet?

Post by mexteacher »

Seems to me that the recruiting agencies are worried about losing business to DIY video conferencing. Teachers have always been the powerless ones in the equation and now that there is the possibility of teachers not needing SA, ISS, etc. due to the internet, the agencies are trying to make it look like they have our best interests at heart. I'm not biting; how about you?
Informed

I agree

Post by Informed »

The discrimination is of all types!! Age, sex, race, national origin...sift through the forum and you will find many tales.

I think blackballing is more of an act of intimidation and a warning to others rather than discrimination...however, they both fall under the category of unethical.