new recruitment agency

guest teacher

new recruitment agency

Post by guest teacher »

Does anyone know anything about the new recruitment agency that is advertised on this site, like who is running it? are they good? Is is good for teachers? is it better than a job fair?
Thanks
hmm

Post by hmm »

Having visited the site, the anonymity of the person/people is troubling to me. I'm not sure I'd want to work with a recruiting agency without having some idea about the agency's staff and qualifications.
I emailed them

new recruiting site

Post by I emailed them »

I sent an email to Live Teacher Recruiting and asked them to explain who they are. They explained that they are group of international teachers located in three countries that got together on line to make the site. They explained that everyone is getting tired of the high cost of ISS and Search Fairs and that they designed the site as an alternative method of getting a position. They also explained that any director applying for a password and user name is screened to be sure he/she is who they say they are. I too had the same concerns but after getting their letter I put my resume on the site. I think this is a good thing. They are inviting over 400 schools to recruit this season on the site.
ok but...

Post by ok but... »

I'm glad to hear that you felt good about the service that the are offering (and judging from the site's design and that it's linked to here, my assumption is that ISR and this new recruiting firm are run/owned by the same people. I could be wrong.)

What does concern me though is the choice of anonymity. With so many of the reviews and concerns about international schools posted on this site - both in the forums and in reviews - it seems plainly odd to me that this new recruiting firm is so scanty with information about who they are and how they intend to proceed. Perhaps I'm being impatient as things are under development, but this firm has given me no compelling reason yet to trust them more than any of the other options currently available.
guest101

i agree

Post by guest101 »

I totally agree there are a few weird people on the international circuit. I would not put my CV on a site until I had seen the names of the people running it as they have your career in their hands, so I think I would and will wait till I have seen who they are before joining - there is something strange about their site and I think it is the fact that they do not own up to who they are.....why is that?
mr guest

Re: new recruiting site

Post by mr guest »

This group definitely needs a "who we are" section on their site. We shouldn't have to be sending emails to get answers to such simple questions. It is hard to trust a person or agency that doesn't readily and voluntarily self-identify. Transparency! Transparency! Transparency! (with apologies to Thoroeau)
I emailed them wrote:I sent an email to Live Teacher Recruiting and asked them to explain who they are. They explained that they are group of international teachers located in three countries that got together on line to make the site. They explained that everyone is getting tired of the high cost of ISS and Search Fairs and that they designed the site as an alternative method of getting a position. They also explained that any director applying for a password and user name is screened to be sure he/she is who they say they are. I too had the same concerns but after getting their letter I put my resume on the site. I think this is a good thing. They are inviting over 400 schools to recruit this season on the site.
Live Teacher

Live Teacher

Post by Live Teacher »

I think you are on the paranoid side. They do not hold your career in their hands. You have an inflated view of who you are. You're a teacher with a resume. Not a rocket scientist. You put your resume on their site and directors come and look at it. Live Teacher Recruiting has said they are carefully screening directors. Maybe you should have a look at who ISS is. They claim to be a non profit but go to this site of the United States Internal Revenue Service and fill in the information and you 'll see the tax return from ISS. They made 18,000,000 last year. Who are they -- who knows? Why should they be any more trusted than Live Teacher when ISS will blackball you at the drop of the hat. I put my resume on Live Teacher Recruiting. My career is in my own hands. So, the less of you that put your resume on the site the better it is for me.

Internal Revenue Site http://atgdata.fdncenter.org/990search/search.php
ISS 990

Post by ISS 990 »

I think you need to take a better look at ISS's 990 form.

If you do, you'll see that recruiting is a very small part of their business compared to other activities they have.
guestguest

Re: Live Teacher

Post by guestguest »

I'm sure what you mean is, "the fewer of you who put your resume..." Not a rocket scientist, for sure!!!!
Live Teacher wrote:I think you are on the paranoid side. They do not hold your career in their hands. You have an inflated view of who you are. You're a teacher with a resume. Not a rocket scientist. You put your resume on their site and directors come and look at it. Live Teacher Recruiting has said they are carefully screening directors. Maybe you should have a look at who ISS is. They claim to be a non profit but go to this site of the United States Internal Revenue Service and fill in the information and you 'll see the tax return from ISS. They made 18,000,000 last year. Who are they -- who knows? Why should they be any more trusted than Live Teacher when ISS will blackball you at the drop of the hat. I put my resume on Live Teacher Recruiting. My career is in my own hands. So, the less of you that put your resume on the site the better it is for me.

Internal Revenue Site http://atgdata.fdncenter.org/990search/search.php
guest101

Post by guest101 »

I still think that they should say how they are, even though I am not s rocket scientist I think that they should have a whos who......and good luck guestguest on the job front.....
alive teacher

live teacher comments

Post by alive teacher »

Not sure who live teacher is but I would assume that they are one of the people who set it up.....am I right? and didn't like the questions being asked.....or is that just a little on the paranoid side too?
I have heard that the director and principle from Luanda International School are trying to set up an online recruitment site and am wondering if this is their site? if so I hope they are better at this job than they are at their present jobs - having read their reviews on here am not sure would like to have them as my recruitment team. Does anyone know if this has any truth to it - maybe live teacher can help?
guest guest guest

live teacher speaks

Post by guest guest guest »

Okay - so for some reason you people can't write a letter to Live Teacher and find out more about them. I did and received a letter back from a Summer B. She explains that she grew up in international schools beginning in grade K. She graduated 12th grade in Pakistan.

Her parents were international teachers and are still teaching overseas. She currently lives in Italy with her husband. Having an interest in overseas teaching she decided to make the Live Teacher Site. She remembers that her parents always complained about the high price of ISS and the cost of flying to the conference from overseas.

She was not aware that people would be so concerned about who produced the site. She reports that she will add a section to the About us Page which explains who she is and more about the site.

So, there you have it. Not to mysterious. For those of you who have not checked out the site we are talking about here it is.

http://www.liveteacherrecruiting.com
mnolan

New service

Post by mnolan »

My wife and I are very pleased with the effort of these anonymous persons. I believe the industry needs to go forward with the tools of technology and the WEB 2.0 provides them. After all weren't they designed to make life easier and cheaper? I am willing to take the risk.
FrenchyTeacher

Post by FrenchyTeacher »

So has anyone interviewed yet using this new recruitment method? If so, any luck?
FrenchyTeacher

Post by FrenchyTeacher »

So has anyone interviewed yet using this new recruitment method? If so, any luck?