What do I do now that I´m blackballed

HURT BY ISS

What do I do now that I´m blackballed

Post by HURT BY ISS »

Can anyone give me some idea of what to do now that I have been blackballed by ISS. After one year of putting up with a director that made my life miserable I decided to leave the school after only one month into this school year. The man is relentless in abusing his staff in so many ways tha I decided life is to short to put up with this any longer. He contaced ISS and they sided with him without even really hearing my side of the story. Any help would be well appreciated.

Hurt
guest-o

Re: What do I do now that I´m blackballed

Post by guest-o »

For one thing, you let us ALL know which school, the director's name, and what happened--we need to help each other avoid just this type of situation.

Then, just write that year off your resume and start looking using other avenues...contacting schools directly by email, once the recruiting season starts, worked great for me. I got a job without ever leaving my keyboard.
HURT BY ISS wrote:Can anyone give me some idea of what to do now that I have been blackballed by ISS. After one year of putting up with a director that made my life miserable I decided to leave the school after only one month into this school year. The man is relentless in abusing his staff in so many ways tha I decided life is to short to put up with this any longer. He contaced ISS and they sided with him without even really hearing my side of the story. Any help would be well appreciated.

Hurt
Traveller1

Blackballed

Post by Traveller1 »

There are many different ways of getting a job internationally, and there are schools looking to recruit teachers throughout the year. ISS seems to get a bad rap on this BB so being blackballed by them isn't the end of the world by any means.

There isn't any kind of universal/international register of people who've been blackballed, so you should be able to register with COIS or SEARCH without a problem. Nobody asks who you've recruited through before.

TIE seems to have a pretty comprehesive list of schools recruiting and you could also look at www.tesjobs.co.uk for a list of job adverts. The COIS website www.cois.org also has a list of vacancies.

Finally you could write to schools directly. The COIS website has a directory of schools in countries around the world.