ISS and Search Fees

JISAlum

ISS and Search Fees

Post by JISAlum »

I've looked at both the ISS and Search webpages and the fees I'm seeing to register and attend at least one fair are:

Search: $200 per individual
ISS: $195 record fee plus $290 fair fee= $485 per individual

If this is true, is ISS worth that much more? I live in Chicago and the ISS fair in Feb might be worth it if I don't have to pay for travel and hotel. Just worred that know one will show up after having to pay nearly $1000 for my wife and I just to attend.
huffster337

UNI Overseas Fair

Post by huffster337 »

I would look at the UNI Overseas Recruiitng Fair. I went to that fair last february in Iowa and it is one of the best ones in the country I've been told, it is also way cheaper. If you register early it is $90 and late like $140. There were over 120 schools there last year with tons of positions in every area. The staff were very helpful before and during the fair to help me get prepared and know what was going to happen at the fair.

Just a thought!
JISAlum

Thanks

Post by JISAlum »

I agree about UNI. I've actually gone there twice and your observations are accurate. However I've tried to list schools I'm interested in and ISS and Search seem to be much more popular- from my viewpoint.

I'd much rather go to UNI- I'm a four hour drive. However if schools I'm interested in don't go, then I've got a problem. Not looking forward to Search Cambridge as from some reviews it's a meat market, but if the schools/locations I'm interested in are there, then I've got to go.
marlow

Fairs

Post by marlow »

The one thing I would think about with Chicago is the timing; I appreciate your dilemma with distance and price, but if it's between major fairs (and certainly after the Bangkok fairs) I wonder how many schools will be offering contracts because they've either filled positions at Bangkok or are waiting for the next, larger fair.

Cambridge is a meat market, but if that's where the jobs are going, it's where you have to be, in my opinion. I share your feelings about UNI; that was my first fair, and it was run beautifully. I honestly wonder why more top schools don't continue to use that fair.