Search or ISS??

Candycane

Search or ISS??

Post by Candycane »

I have been registered with Search before and didn't have any problems. However, I am curious about ISS.

Is there really any difference?
fran

Searh or ISS

Post by fran »

I have only used ISS to recruit. I did join Search but never went to one of their fairs as I was always hired earlier in the season at ISS. I simply used Search as a back-up.

For starters, you don't have a representative with ISS. You're more or less on your own. I did come to realize that Search representatives take their top tier teachers and send them to the best conferences above teachers with lesser experience. Your Search associate only gets paid if you get a job. ISS may do the same in some way.....not sure.

At the end of the day it may be the old six-of-one half-a-dozen of the other deal and boil down to which group you are most comfortable with.

I can say that after ten years overseas I had a real big problem with a director and gave notice I would be leaving at the end of the first year. This "gentleman" called ISS and they summarily blackballed me. All my glowing recommendations from the past meant nothing to these people and the bottom line appeared to be that they were blindly loyal to the source of their bread and butter. This buffoon of a director was a walking insult to intelligent thought and was canned the year after I left the school. I did get back into ISS with letters from my new director and principal but never went back to an ISS conference as I had seen their true colors.

Interestingly, Search took me without blinking an eye and my feeling is they knew the score. I ended up finding a new position through networking and have done so ever since, avoiding the cattle call and high expense of recruiting fairs.