Schools in German speaking countries

Otto

Post by Otto »

Greetings,

Want to head for Switzerland, Austria or Germany. Am interested in hearing about the good schools, and the bad ones. Thanks for taking the time.

In Solidarity!
carolinalmaty

schools in Germany

Post by carolinalmaty »

Have you had any luck in finding out about the schools in Germany and Austria? We are not teachers but are relocating with our 3 children aged 8, 6 and 3 to either Munich, Frankfurt or Austria. We would appreciate any feedback about the international schools in these three cities, as we are trying to find a really good one.

Thanks,

Carol

Post by guest »

Being a teacher (and a parent) and having taught in Vienna, I would definitely send my children to the American International School. Excellent education, pleasant atmosphere, beautiful location and facilities. Housing is available near the school in the prettiest part of Vienna.
KansasTeach

Schools in Germany

Post by KansasTeach »

Have to be careful about schools in Germany/Europe... I worked at the BIS in Munich.. on paper the pay seems good, but after paying 35% tax.. church tax.. solidarity tax.. health insurance..another 1000E's for a one roomed appartment.. nothing was left so I had to leave. BIS isn't that bad as a school.. good management... decent teaching load. Counterparts at Munich International School complain a lot about management, especially the Head of School, though been told that thankfully they had some changes at the top. Been told lots of politics involved about getting your contract renewed, even if you want it extended and you have a reasonably good appraisal..also depends if you're a man or woman.. if yer know what I mean :P So just watch out and seek advice.
speedy2.2

Post by speedy2.2 »

go to mis in 2009 2010. than the head i s gone. she will not get her contract renewed, luckily!!!!!!!!!!!
before that zurich int. school is a super alternative or even the better choice!