International School of Yangon-Myanmar: Need information!

albymangels

International School of Yangon-Myanmar: Need information!

Post by albymangels »

I have a friend who was hired to start next year at ISY. We have been hearing some rumors (Note to school Heads: I refer to them only as rumors at this point until they are confirmed, so please don't write another critical piece in TIE! :-)) that up to 16 current teachers at this school are leaving (this person used the language "desperate" to leave) and that the school is "not being helpful" at all in terms of visas, leaving benefits, etc; That basically, there are some bad feelings between current Admin. and most of these leavers and as a result, Admin. is not being professional.

Can anyone comment on this since I certainly don't want my friend to be put in a bad situation in an unstable country. Does anyone here know anyone who works there to verify the situation. Obviously, my friend can't get any unbiased info. from the Head or other contacts there at this point. Thanks in advance.
Traveller1

Post by Traveller1 »

What if your friend asked the Head if s/he could e.mail some of the leaving staff to see what it was like there?

There's more than one international school in Rangoon, I understand that one is connected to the US embassy and is the best option. I had a friend who worked at one of the schools and she said that there were some interesting characters working there.