Seisen school in Tokyo

ptf

Seisen school in Tokyo

Post by ptf »

Just after any information on this school. There is a review posted on the site which isn't very positive but just wondering if anyone else had opinions or more recent information.

Thanks!
hansbeard

Questions

Post by hansbeard »

The review is kind of old, I know a little bit about the school. Do you have some specific questions?
ptf

thanks for replying

Post by ptf »

I'm really just after general information on whether or not it is a good place to work.

Is it a reasonable IB school? Do they generally treat their staff ok.

If you know any specific stuff like whether most teachers have a big commute or manage to live close to the school that would be great too.

They are checking my references right now and I presume if they are happy with what they say they will make me an offer. At that point in time I can ask them for more details but I guess right now I'm just after a general feel for what kind of morale there is there.
ptf

more info

Post by ptf »

oh and if extra info helps...

currently I'm in Beijing. Been here for 4 years. Very happy at my school here (despite all the negative reviews it has on this site, I wrote a positive one to balance it a little).

There is a job in Taipei that I am also being seriously considered for (interviewing with them this week) and so I may end up having to make a choice between the two. I'm after any info that might help me make an informed decision about what is best for me.
hansbeard

Post by hansbeard »

Those are some good questions, I'll see what I can find out. I may have some answers for you in a day or so.
ptf

fantastic!

Post by ptf »

Thanks a lot.

And if you ever want information about schools in Beijing I'd be happy to help.
hansbeard

Post by hansbeard »

I talked to my contact and they stated it depends on which area of the school you'll be working in. The Middle and High school have low teacher turn over. This is not the case with Elementary as teacher turn over is quite high, except for Kindergarden.

The school has a strong commitment to mission and service. This expectation extends to staff members. It's a catholic girls school and is very much like the many catholic schools around the world.

Your happiness at this school depends on your long terms goals and your own expectations.

Japan itself is an amazing country. It's Public transportation is the best in the world. It's clean, safe and the people here are friendly.

Does this help a bit more?
ptf

Post by ptf »

It does help. I'll be in the Middle/High school.

I think it sounds like it will be a good place for me. One of the things I liked about the school is its commitment to service.

Thanks for taking the time to find that out for me.
hansbeard

Post by hansbeard »

Glad to have been of some help. Maybe we will bump into each other sometime.

All the best,