position accepted is reposted

PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@MartElla

The LW already provided a report the HOS "provided reassurance" to them it was an identical position not a reposting for the same appointment.
base5555

Re: position accepted is reposted

Post by base5555 »

@Doctor, So did you ever receive your signed contract?? I am kinda in the same situation. I was offered the position at the interview, the director seemed excited to have me join, and then they sent me the contract a few days later to look over with my family. Anyways, I signed a contract a week and a half ago, and still waiting for a signed and stamped contract. Now I know they were checking out my references, which should be on the up and up, but wondering how long this process takes for most people. Also of note, my position (same posting date) is still advertised on their site. Perhaps they haven't had the time to take it down, but they have added more to their list of jobs since my interview.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

base5555 wrote:
> @Doctor, So did you ever receive your signed contract?? I am kinda in the same situation.
> I was offered the position at the interview, the director seemed excited to have
> me join, and then they sent me the contract a few days later to look over with my
> family. Anyways, I signed a contract a week and a half ago, and still waiting for
> a signed and stamped contract. Now I know they were checking out my references,
> which should be on the up and up, but wondering how long this process takes for
> most people. Also of note, my position (same posting date) is still advertised
> on their site. Perhaps they haven't had the time to take it down, but they have
> added more to their list of jobs since my interview.

You know I still haven't actually received a signed contract but they are no longer hiring online so I guess its all good. If I don't get something back by February, I'll say something.
leipanga

Post by leipanga »

Hi! I figured I could tag my question onto this post, rather than starting a whole new thread. Generally, after accepting an offer of employment (and hearing back from the school confirming it), how long would you wait to receive official contract/paperwork from the school? It's been a week, and I was considering emailing the HR contact to ask for a timeline, but I have no idea if that's reasonable or if I'm a bit overeager. It's my first international position, so I'd appreciate insight!
expatscot

Post by expatscot »

@leipanga A week isn't long really in the scheme of things. Someone in HR has to approve it, the HoD has to approve it, the Head of School.....

Give it a couple of weeks before you chase them.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@leipanga

Depends what their organization level and motives are. Yeah It takes at most 2 people to approve a hire and someone got to find the chop and then scan it but were talking 10-15 minutes. Most leadership just dont do HR well, so a couple weeks isnt unusual if they arent pressured. Its not uncommon for an IS to wait to some point months later to do everyones contracts at once. However, ISs have fallen through on contracts because they were still recruiting for your position even after "hiring you". They usually claim they lost your contract or they sent it but you never replied back and they hired someone else.

Id give it to weeks and then follow up, and then another week, and finally another week.
leipanga

Post by leipanga »

Thank you, PsyGuy and expatscot! It's reassuring to hear that it's normal to wait a bit, and I appreciate your advice.

(Side note: PsyGuy, about three years ago you actually helped me figure out my best path to a credential-- since then I got the credential, got DE experience, and now I'm finally set to start next school year abroad! Thank you!)