Guatemala

themeleks

Guatemala

Post by themeleks »

Anyone have any info on the American School in Guatemala (Collegio Americano or something like that)? Or if you have any info on living in Guatemala in general that would be great too.

This would be a first international job for us, so anything you can provide would be great. We're thinking of going to the AASSA fair in Atlanta, but want to get some more information before we pay for the fair and flight to a smaller fair.

Thanks.
Jaime Clifton

Guatemala

Post by Jaime Clifton »

I live in Guatemala now and am working at an international school.

In general, I love it. I am a single person and am paid enough to travel almost every weekend. The American School pays well and provides you with summer travel stipends, move in/out allowances, and housing of your choosing (no furniture, but you can easily find a furnished place here.)

I don't often go many places alone, but not because I feel unsafe....more so because I am not a fluent Spanish speaker. Usually when there is more than one person you can figure out what is going on when trying to negotiate life in Spanish.

If you have specific questions, please let me know.
themeleks

Can you help Jaime?

Post by themeleks »

Hi Jaime.
I've been trying to PM you about CAG, but can't get it to go through. Can you email me at jtmelek@gmail.com? I have some questions and hope you can help.
Thanks.