What kinds of jobs should I be on the lookout for?

dantespal

Re: What kinds of jobs should I be on the lookout for?

Post by dantespal »

@PsyGuy

Mine weren't at birth. The US govt. doesn't distinguish for this purpose between foreign citizenship at birth and citizenship acquired through naturalization or descent. I have virtually every combination of possibilities for multiple citizenships and paths to get them in my extended family. The only issues that I've seen with citizenship go the opposite direction where OTHER countries disallow dual citizenship and revoke the original citizenship if you accept new citizenship. My understanding is that this is decreasing, but some countries hold out.

@shadowjack

The OP clearly says that he 'read' that the US doesn't offer dual citizenship anymore. That is wrong.

You are correct that some other countries force you to renounce your citizenship if taking another. But the US couldn't care less unless you move or act to renounce your US citizenship, which pretty much takes a direct repudiation.
boatofcar

Post by boatofcar »

Thanks for the replies, everyone. My salary is 40k gross. West Virginia is right at the bottom of salaries in the nation. I am currently a middle school band director and do a million performances a year--that won't be an issue.

I'm sorry I misspoke in my OP. The issue is on Thailand's end, not the US's. So that could be an issue for schools issuing me a visa, even though she's not teaching?
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@boatofcar

Yes, visa issues could be an problem even if your spouse isnt teaching. Her eligibility would be determined based on her Thai citizenship and the foreign relations of the Thai government and the host country.

@dantespal

This is true but the pathway too citizenship through naturalization is more a challenge than citizenship through birth, and in the case of naturalization its not automatic.
You cant really renounce your US citizenship anymore, not only did the costs go up, but you can end up with a tax liability for life to the US.

@SJ

Thats not what the LW claimed the US has no issue with dual citizenship.

@Thames Pirate

Thi isnt one of those times.
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

In your mind there is no such time. However, this is absolutely one of those times. You go to the fair with the most JOBS you want. All the prestige in the world isn't going to help you if the fair only has two schools you want and you are up against other highly competitive candidates.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@Thames Pirate

No, you go to the most competitive fair you can get an invite to.
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

*eyeroll*

OP, you really can use logic to determine which fair to attend. PsyGuy has a reaction to the words "I was wrong." I don't need to argue yes/no with him.