ISS Profile Views

CO_couple

ISS Profile Views

Post by CO_couple »

What is the point of the ISS Profile Views chart? I feel like it is pointless torture. Each week my spouse and I get between 5-20 profile views but yet we've only had 2 schools contact us. I don't see the benefit of knowing how many schools are looking at us, especially when they aren't contacting us.
fourpoint-o

Re: ISS Profile Views

Post by fourpoint-o »

Well, you are getting more profile views than I am! Are you following up with the schools you applied to?
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

All ITs think they are rock/super stars. The goal is to be able to see what interest your profile is generating. Just because a recruiter looks at you doenst mean they arent looking at anyone else. Your profile like that of many ITs is very indistinct from everyone elses.

Recruiters generally dont chase for those who arent rock/super stars. You need to take the initiative and follow up with ISs and the recruiters.
senator

Re: ISS Profile Views

Post by senator »

For the record, in the world of International Education "rockstar" teachers are just those who have spent their careers racking up great recommendations by keeping their mouths shut and being toadies for admin. You see these pathetic children at every international school. They are easy to spot, even without that brown stain on their noses.

In IE word of mouth from other admin is worth a hell of a lot lot more than a person's teaching abilities. Unfortunately.

I am proud that I was never a "rockstar".