TIE vs Search Associates

alwaysadjusting

TIE vs Search Associates

Post by alwaysadjusting »

I am a registered and active SA candidate, starting to contact schools through the SA portal and through emails / school recruitment portals.

My question is, is it also worth subscribing to TIE Online and posting in their resume bank?

In short, have (a little) international experience and seeking positions in Asia.
Last edited by alwaysadjusting on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sitka

Re: TIE vs Search Associates

Post by sitka »

There are 40 jobs posted on SA (Music - General) and 20 on TIE Online.

Of the schools posted on TIE online, most are cross-posted on SA. Of the ones that aren't, there is only 1 school that I (personally) would apply to.

Hope that helps.
alwaysadjusting

Thanks Sitka.

I am also subscribed to the TES Jobs, so that seems to cover (mostly British schools) jobs that haven't been listed on SA although there is also some double up. I figured that would be similar to TIE.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

TIE is largely going to consist of lower tier ISs, if thats what your marketable at you will find a number of vacancies available that you wont see on SA. Tie is very inexpensive ($39) to the value it adds.
alwaysadjusting

Hi PsyGuy. Thanks for the feedback.
Last edited by alwaysadjusting on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@alwaysadjusting

The scoring mtric works best against an actual vacancy:

1) Yes looks like experience gets you 4.5 points.
2) You get no points for "starting" a Masters program.
3) You get zero points for cross certified. The certifications have to be schedulable, and typically those are combinations such as math/science social studies/literature. If you had Music/Theater and the IS needed some one who could direct or co direct a musical production that would get you a point. Just having more than one certification isnt worth anything, if it doesnt have utility.
4) You get no points for curriculum experience, everyone has experience in their "home" curriculum, you need additional curriculum most commonly IB (or the IPC, etc.), but AP (or American) or something like Gymnasieum, or Lycee or Euro Baccalaureate, or some other NC curriculum.
5) You get nothing for a logistical hire, you have a trailing spouse. I dont know many ISs outside of Korea that arent Korean ISs that offer a Korean FL program.
6) Yes, you get .5 for IE experience
7) HOD for one year, Okay thats worth .25 (with a lot of assumptions).
8) Everyone does ASPs unless you have an actual vacancy that has a marketable need for a particular ASP activity its worth zero points.
9) Special populations includes ESOL, G&T (Gifted and Talented) and SEN/LS (SPED), so zero points.
10 No special skill set.

I count 5.25, which is in the career class band.