Reviews - Kuwait Schools

jaapolanco

Reviews - Kuwait Schools

Post by jaapolanco »

I am finding the reviews on specific schools in Kuwait very sad. The worst part is that most of the accusations by a specific individual are totally false. It's obvious that the individual is extremely disgruntled but using the review as a method for destroying the schools reputation is just wrong. I feel that the individual should at least use the forum as a way to communicate and vent their complaints. The forum would at least offer an opportunity for two way communication regarding the issues.
miski

Post by miski »

What schools are being trashed jaap. and I'll give my views too. Then we can start the ball rolling.
jaapolanco

Post by jaapolanco »

UAS. I know the school has had some rough times but the reviews are just so horrible, and untrue.
miski

Post by miski »

How do I read these reviews? I haven't seen anything bad.

A friend sends her childen to UAS and was quite happy until this year when she sent her youngest to KG. But her others remain there. I have been in the new building and it is certainly very nice-tho' the traffic in the mornings could be hazardous.

I have never heard of any teachers there trashing the place. One wonders why this person you are talking about is doing so- sour grapes perhaps ?
jaapolanco

Post by jaapolanco »

If you are a member, you can click on "K" and then Kuwait and scroll down to Universal American School. The last few reviews are awful. I'm pretty sure the comments are teachers that left the school this year. But they really need to be more professional, after all there are still people who work there and have their children at the school as well. They are seriously jeopardizing the children’s' future. I'm not saying the school is perfect but a lot of their claims are just way off.
jeffofarabia

Post by jeffofarabia »

We had a parent/teacher at my school give out their password to the ISR so they could write negative reviews of it. I agree with you OP that there needs to be a little more professionalism on postings. I have enjoyed my time in Kuwait, but many people have not. But as I have always heard, the only perfect school in the whole wide world is your last one.
miski

Post by miski »

i am not a member so i can't read the reviews- but I say again, I have never heard a bad report on UAS. It was sour grapes.

Oh and completely off topic. Great one for the Irish winning the British Golf Open today!!!
jaapolanco

Post by jaapolanco »

I don't understand the point in trashing a school like that. I mean you can be objective without be vindictive. In the end it's the kids who really suffer. I just hope the people who read the reviews can read between the lines.