Need a New School/ Home

Flowerskull

Need a New School/ Home

Post by Flowerskull »

Hi,
I'm currently a kindergarten teacher working at an international school in Kuwait. This is my second year teaching in Kuwait and 3rd year of overall teaching full-time. I have a masters in early childhood and early childhood special education.... Certified in both subjects on a state level... I'm a US citizen...My question is... where should I apply??? Honestly, I want a warm inviting school.. in a country that is fun and I can have some sort of open social life in. I'm a bit over the middle east and so are my sinuses. Ideally, I would love to work in Europe but I know this may not be realistic.
ANY ADVICE?
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

What do you care about, what are your priorities? Can you tell us more of your C.V.?
Everyone wants a welcoming environment. The problem is you need a school with a PK program, which isnt universal.

My impulse is to recommend Japan, there are a LOT of PK/K schools in Japan. It has some logistical issues but solving those would make you very employable.
Flowerskull

Re: Need a New School/ Home

Post by Flowerskull »

I'm certified to teach all the way up to second grade. Last year I was a special needs teacher in a 3rd grade classroom since Kuwait doesn't seem to care much about what my qualifications were.

I really enjoy Kindergarten though. I'm open for change and honestly my priorities are very low... I just want a school that isn't insanely corrupt or racist.

For life style, I would occasionally like to go out to a bar and have a beer. Wouldn't mind walking outside without people harassing or filming me. Very basic things....

I don't expect to save a ton of money like I'm doing in Kuwait. but I don't want to be eating ramen noodles everyday like a college student.

I don't mind working hard as long as it is for competent people.

I hope this helps. I just want recommendations on schools.. especially for US citizens.. I feel were are more limited compared to Canadians and people from the UK.
vandsmith

Post by vandsmith »

i would apply to south america and europe, you have nothing to lose.

v.
Micky

Post by Micky »

QSI hires mostly US teachers. The workload is reasonable and they have many locations, some good locations and some not so good.
vandsmith

Post by vandsmith »

you know, when i interviewed with QSI a few years back, the recruiter and the whole school system struck me kind of weird. i don't know how to explain it - like preachy, superior, almost overtly christian-like. he also asked me and my wife like 12 times if we smoked or not.

anyways, always thought that QSI was a little strange.

good luck!

v.
Flowerskull

Post by Flowerskull »

I think I'm literally just going to apply everywhere. I don't trust recruiters... I was just wondering where people think I would have a good chance with 2 years of International teaching experience and a masters degree?!
Flowerskull

Re: Response

Post by Flowerskull »

PsyGuy wrote:
> What do you care about, what are your priorities? Can you tell us more of
> your C.V.?
> Everyone wants a welcoming environment. The problem is you need a school
> with a PK program, which isnt universal.
>
> My impulse is to recommend Japan, there are a LOT of PK/K schools in Japan.
> It has some logistical issues but solving those would make you very
> employable.
Thank you. I looked and found two really interesting schools in Japan and applied to them. We shall see!!!