Applying to GEMS? How?

teachingagain1945

Applying to GEMS? How?

Post by teachingagain1945 »

There are many GEMS schools but now I see there is a general GEMS website where you can submit an application but it seems like a lengthy process. Is it best to apply to each individual GEMS school or what is the best method of application?
redrider

Re: Applying to GEMS? How?

Post by redrider »

Are you sure you want to do this? They don't have a very good reputation.
curiousme

Post by curiousme »

A friend of mine just had his job with them fall through at the last minute. I'd give them a WIDE berth unless you are 100% sure the school you are applying to is top tier.
teachingagain1945

Post by teachingagain1945 »

I've heard good things about them, especially their World schools. And they are opening up in Singapore and Switzerland too. But I'll check further into it.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Had friends who have worked at various "shiny schools" (if you look on TES, what is what they are called).

Some liked it ok, some were glad to do their two and out. Mileage may vary.
migratingbird

Post by migratingbird »

I've had experience with them - both ups and downs. It used to be that you applied to each school individually, but things seem to be changing. However, I would apply to the ones you are interested in directly, otherwise you could well find your application shunted in a direction you don't want it to go. If you want more info about working them, please PM me. In honesty, I wouldn't look to work for them again, they like to change the playing field often regarding contracts/benefits in a way I would consider illegal in the UK.