Databases

slashnunn

Databases

Post by slashnunn »

Is there a way to browse Search's database of benefits/salaries/etc without being a full member to the site? Are there any other databases with this type of info?

My girlfriend and I are in the early stages of considering international school teaching. I don't mind paying the fee if I need to, but we'd rather not ask for references from people at our current job until we decide this is definitely the direction we want to take.
Rye

Re: Databases

Post by Rye »

You can look around here and may be able to find partial lists as some topics.

As far as I know you don't have to have an active profile to be a member - I could search schools while I waited for my references and transcripts on ISS, so I wasn't active while I looked around. Should be good for 2 years as well.

Not sure is Search is any different.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Search is different. No pay, no full completion, no lookie loo for you.
stevec311

Post by stevec311 »

Shadowjack is correct.
Last edited by stevec311 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khalida

Post by Khalida »

Re Search Associates and in addition to the above, your account must be "active" in order to access the database. When you have notified Search that you have secured employment, your account will be deactivated.

After fulfilling all the requirements for Search, my account was activated on February 1st. I accepted an offer of employment (from my top choice of school :))))) on March 2nd. The school is listed on Search but I had independently applied via their website, so the offer did not stem from a Search fair/contact. When I informed my Search adviser, my account was deactivated and since then I am no longer able to access the database.

I would highly recommend Search for the helpful advice (my adviser, Robert Barlas, was very prompt and positive in emails) and for access to the database, which was invaluable in consolidating my choice of schools.

Now I'm off to Cairo and the adventure of a lifetime!
iTeach314

Post by iTeach314 »

Khalida, I am heading to Cairo as well next school year. Wonder if we're at the same school....