Shipping recommendations?

migratingbird

Shipping recommendations?

Post by migratingbird »

Hi all,

I'll be moving from Kenya to Singapore in August...any ideas for good shipping companies? I don't have a lot to send, and if I was flying solo I'd take it on the plane as excess baggage, but I have my little girl with me so can't handle more packages! I've looked at previous threads, and see sevenseas mentioned a lot but they don't do Kenya. The onlly quotation I've managed to get so far is from excessbaggage.com - any input?

TIA.
Khalida

Re: Shipping recommendations?

Post by Khalida »

Hi all,

Thanks, migratingbird, for your query.

I'm very interested in this topic as I'm moving from Canada to Egypt in August. Like migratingbird, I don't have a great deal to ship, it would probably add up to a few 12" x 12" x 12" boxes of books, papers, and other personal effects.

I'm considering various options: shipping companies, sending boxes by post, or taking on the flight as excess baggage (which would be financially optimal but a real *drag* as I'm traveling alone with a cat in tow).

Looking forward to everyone's opinions and experiences!

Khalida
iTeach314

Post by iTeach314 »

I'm moving to Egypt in August as well. From my research, shipping should not be done. Everyone, and I mean everyone at my new school says to bring excess baggage. It's cheaper and safer for your things. If you ship to Egypt, you will be hit with a tax on anything you receive.
iTeach314

Post by iTeach314 »

I'm moving to Egypt in August as well. From my research, shipping should not be done. Everyone, and I mean everyone at my new school says to bring excess baggage. It's cheaper and safer for your things. If you ship to Egypt, you will be hit with a tax on anything you receive.
Khalida

Post by Khalida »

Thank you for your post, iTeach314, I've been thinking along those lines as well and will now bring excess baggage.

Best of luck!
Khalida