The order off things, interview-wise

sid

Post by sid »

It often happens in the first interview, often in the second. I wouldn't push too hard, but if there are specific things that are of great interest or non negotiable, ask. Save everyone the time.
Salary is still off the table of course.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Do your homework on the paid side of ISR. It's there for a reason and talks about all those things.

At my present school, the first interview was the fit of the applicant for the country/community, along with a feel for him or her as a teacher/person. The second was much more about teaching. Then again, I teach in a place not everybody wants to come, but which I am pretty happy in :-)
Mathman

Post by Mathman »

I disagree about salary. If the school has quite a small package, it is worth bringing up what you could do on said salary. While it's great for the save the world hippies, it may not for a professional teacher that is looking to save up for their retirement.
EUExplorer

Post by EUExplorer »

LOL! Well said, Mathman. Completely agree.

I'm one of those greedy, uncaring, and shallow teachers who likes to eat well, live in a nice place, maybe go out a few times a month, and at the same time be able to retire comfortably by 65 or so (gasp!).

Any Administrator who had a problem with me bringing up salary at the first interview is an Administrator I wouldn't want to work with anyway.