Who's had interviews?

kleikm

Post by kleikm »

Those of you who attended in the past, how big is AASSA fair?
DCgirl

Post by DCgirl »

[quote="kleikm"]Those of you who attended in the past, how big is AASSA fair?[/quote]

It would be considered a smaller fair. The attending schools are all listed on their website.
DeDee

Hopeful!!

Post by DeDee »

I'm new to international teaching. I have my 1st interview (Skype) on Wednesday. I turned down an interview (Skype), which would have been my dream job. They needed someone to start in Jan. :cry: I'm hopeful that I can get an offer and not have to go to a job fair.
kleikm

Post by kleikm »

[quote="DCgirl"][quote="kleikm"]Those of you who attended in the past, how big is AASSA fair?[/quote]

It would be considered a smaller fair. The attending schools are all listed on their website.[/quote]

I was wondering how many candidates are usually there?
schoolcounselor

Post by schoolcounselor »

Kleikm, I am going to and wondering the same thing! I can see 16 positions posted for my area, but wonder how many candidates are attending in hopes of one of those.

Normal to be anxious at this point...I am just trying to focus on other things that I do have control over in these days leading up, like packing!

All will be revealed soon...
kcjm

Post by kcjm »

I had a Skype interview about 2 weeks ago with my dream school. I *think* it went well, they seemed interested and told me to let them know if I got other offers. I followed up with a thank you email, and still have not heard anything back. I know it's still early, but I'm so anxious! I just wish I could hear back either way...so I can move on, and not get my hopes up.
kleikm

Post by kleikm »

[quote="schoolcounselor"]Kleikm, I am going to and wondering the same thing! I can see 16 positions posted for my area, but wonder how many candidates are attending in hopes of one of those.

Normal to be anxious at this point...I am just trying to focus on other things that I do have control over in these days leading up, like packing!

All will be revealed soon...[/quote]

Schoolcounselor- I agree, we will know soon. Good luck in your search and maybe we will cross our paths at the fair.
rickkane

Post by rickkane »

Perhaps I can give some of you some hope. I'm brand new to the international teaching scene and have had two interviews with a consensus top 5 school in Asia. Crossing my fingers for an offer. Feeling confident.
buffalofan

Post by buffalofan »

I had an interview recently (skype) and was wondering how to proceed if I get an offer this month. I am booked into one of the January job fairs. The school I interviewed with (they will be at my fair) seems like a good place with a good package, though probably not as good a fit for me as I had hoped for. If I do get an offer, I would be very tempted to say "see you at the fair" so I could talk to them in person and also see what else is on offer. Of course, the school may not like this, and just go on to the next candidate. Has anyone been in this situation?
Nomads

Post by Nomads »

Buffalo fan,

When a school makes an offer it generally comes with a deadline of anywhere from a day to maybe a week. If you tell the school you want to wait until the fair, I would expect them to move onto another candidate.

Schools want teachers who are excited to join them and not teachers who view them as a back-up option.
Bellarex

Post by Bellarex »

We had hardly a nibble until my inbox got hit up with 3 invitations to interview today. One Friday, and the other two are being scheduled…