Doing sports (as teachers)

panta_rhei

Doing sports (as teachers)

Post by panta_rhei »

Hi guys,

I don't know how it is for you, but for me it's very important to do sports on a regular basis to keep my balance. At the school where I'm at right now (a boarding school), there are several games going on every day (volleyball, football, etc.) and some teachers join the students. Is it common at IS that teachers can use the sports facilities? And if so, is it common that teachers do some sports together (e.g. volleyball or tennis)? I imagine it might be more common at a boarding school as opposed to a regular school. How do you keep yourselves fit?
vettievette

Post by vettievette »

Our school is not a boarding school, but we do have access to the facilities after work and on weekends. There's a weekly staff basketball run, some teachers run, we built a disc golf course around campus, etc. There are quite a few opportunities here for us to keep fit. I've heard pretty much the same from other non-boarding schools as well.
katherinejones24

Post by katherinejones24 »

I definitely agree with you. Sports does not just improves your physique but also it is very important for our social skills. This is what I like with Waldorf education. The interaction and development of the children, the parts and of course the teachers is given high priority.
panta_rhei

Post by panta_rhei »

I'm glad to hear that vettie. Do you know how common tennis courts are in IS? Probably more common in top schools or am I mistaken?

I agree wrt social skills Katherine :)