I need infos about ACS Doha

djbambi

I need infos about ACS Doha

Post by djbambi »

Hi everyone,

anyone knows about this school? There are no reviews on ISR.
Any good info will be welcomed! Any teacher working there?
Also, what is considered a good salary in Doha to be able to save money as well? let's say around 15000 dollars a year?
I am single, no dependents.
The interview will be this Wednesday or Thursday.

Thank you in advance! :D
noseyparker

Post by noseyparker »

Hi There
It is not considered a stellar school, nor yet a rubbish school. Funnily enough, I know more parents there than staff (I teach at another school on Doha.) They seem pretty happy. Mainly they praise the staff and say they really care about the kids.
Teaching salaries in Doha (at my school at least) range from 12,000 to 22,000 QAR per month. On top of that we get housing (with utilities) and a range of other perks and bonuses.
If you get housing, a salary of 15,000QAR will go a long way, easily saving your $15,000. However, if you spend all your time boozing in the hotels, buying expensive imported food and generally not being careful it will easily trickle away!
On a monthly salary of $4,000 a single person could easily eat for $200 a week (we feed a family of four for a little over that.) You will need to pay for phone and car, or come to a sharing arrangement or hire taxis, also internet. You need to make sure you are clear on the housing allowance as this can take a big chunk of your salary. If we choose to live out, our allowance can be as big as 13,000QAR a month, but I am betting you will get much less than that.
Anyway, as I say, it's a fairly new school and definitely not highly sought after by parents. Doha tends to be dominated by ASD, Qatar Academy and Doha College. However, it's definitely NOT a dump like several schools here.
Good luck! As always, have your questions ready.
djbambi

Post by djbambi »

Thanks a lot, useful informations!

[quote="noseyparker"]Hi There
It is not considered a stellar school, nor yet a rubbish school. Funnily enough, I know more parents there than staff (I teach at another school on Doha.) They seem pretty happy. Mainly they praise the staff and say they really care about the kids.
Teaching salaries in Doha (at my school at least) range from 12,000 to 22,000 QAR per month. On top of that we get housing (with utilities) and a range of other perks and bonuses.
If you get housing, a salary of 15,000QAR will go a long way, easily saving your $15,000. However, if you spend all your time boozing in the hotels, buying expensive imported food and generally not being careful it will easily trickle away!
On a monthly salary of $4,000 a single person could easily eat for $200 a week (we feed a family of four for a little over that.) You will need to pay for phone and car, or come to a sharing arrangement or hire taxis, also internet. You need to make sure you are clear on the housing allowance as this can take a big chunk of your salary. If we choose to live out, our allowance can be as big as 13,000QAR a month, but I am betting you will get much less than that.
Anyway, as I say, it's a fairly new school and definitely not highly sought after by parents. Doha tends to be dominated by ASD, Qatar Academy and Doha College. However, it's definitely NOT a dump like several schools here.
Good luck! As always, have your questions ready.[/quote]