Best middle school in the world!

noseyparker

Best middle school in the world!

Post by noseyparker »

Hi Forum lurkers!
I am reposting my "recruiting 2014-15" under a different title to see if I can draw out a little more opinion.
Where do you think is the best Middle School (or in the British system, KS3) school? Somewhere that REALLY promotes the interests of the whole child. I am particularly interested to hear from those of you with kids......
Thank you
Nosey Parker
fine dude

Post by fine dude »

United World College, Singapore
IS Bangkok
IS Brussels
noseyparker

Post by noseyparker »

Yup, ISB would be my number one choice in the world! We are also looking long and hard at UWCSEA and hoping for openings. Don't think we can afford to live at the other.....but we are very disciplined financially and would never refuse an offer without careful consideration. Thank you for your suggestions.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Singapore American School is AMAZING. My friends at Concordia LOVE it. My friends at Shanghai American have younger kids and they really like it there too.

ISG in Saudi seems to do a good job.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Oh - Saudi ARAMCO - and after your kids finish grade nine, you get money to send them to private school abroad (US, Europe, etc). Not sure how much, though!
noseyparker

Post by noseyparker »

Once again, many of those options are on our radar. We were once courted by Aramco, but it was at a time in our lives when waiting for the May decision just did not appeal. Funnily enough, one of our sons aspires to a British boarding school, and a colleague of mine constantly whines about having left there because their kid now has to attend OUR school instead of taking that option!
I was surprised at the Concordia suggestion. Which one? I gather there are several?
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Concordia in Shanghai. Religious school, but not in your face about it. I have several friends working there.
noseyparker

Post by noseyparker »

Yes, I looked it up. I'm afraid I am rather prejudiced against the idea of working in a Christian school, even if they are not "in your face" about it. It's a big drawback against many of the Korean schools. I understand that many schools happily recruit non-practising christians, so long as they're ok with the ethos. However, I have been told that there is a bit of a wave of some christian schools trying to really "up the ante" as regards the faith bit. E.g. HKIS. I wonder if anyone else has heard similar ideas?
Anyway, I have a sneaky feeling I actually know someone who worked at Concordia so I shall duck out and get on FaceBook and look them up!
Thanks, Shadowjack. You're in Doha, yes?
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

I was in Doha last June visiting friends, if that helps. But I am around the region :-) Been here awhile, but time to get a move on - er - out!
noseyparker

Post by noseyparker »

Yup. Movin' on out. Time to seek pastures new, or even a pasture! Some green is definitely top of our list of destination requirements! Xx