SF Search Fair

CoachM

Post by CoachM »

[quote="junglegym"]With regards to the major matching the position, this was mentioned in one of the school presentations I attended. What the recruiter said is just what PsyGuy said - they'd hire you to teach x subject on paper, but in reality, you'd teach something else. It would be easier for them to find someone who meets the legal criteria, though, so maybe that adds an extra competitive factor (in that if you're not *perfect*, they won't go through the trouble).
Keep this in mind CoachM, if you can convince them that you're the best, they will do what it takes to get you.[/quote]

You are right, I was told this at one of my interviews but the school did not have any position for my wife and they would not take me alone.
CoachM

Post by CoachM »

@Sid

We can use your expertise on this issue. Have you run into this issue and how did you handle it? Is this a common issue in the UAE?
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@CoachM

Its not really that big of an issue, if the school wants you they can make it happen. The problem is that your two, low/niche demand teachers with a sizable family. The only time its really an issue is when the teacher doesnt have a degree.