School Salary

kfssbjj

School Salary

Post by kfssbjj »

I find it interesting when reading reviews here on ISR that a teacher, while complaing about their school, will state that the school's salary structure is "LOWER THAN OTHER SCHOOLS IN THE AREA." First, I wonder how they could know this information as schools don't advertise their salary structure? Second, if the salary is lower than other schools in the area, then why did they take the job in the first place????? Intersting.....
Danda

Post by Danda »

your posts are always intersting
Mathman

Re: School Salary

Post by Mathman »

[quote="kfssbjj"]I find it interesting when reading reviews here on ISR that a teacher, while complaing about their school, will state that the school's salary structure is "LOWER THAN OTHER SCHOOLS IN THE AREA." First, I wonder how they could know this information as schools don't advertise their salary structure? Second, if the salary is lower than other schools in the area, then why did they take the job in the first place????? Intersting.....[/quote]

Actually some schools do. And the search database gives a pretty good idea. Part of changing schools is to move up in the world. It is natural to complain, even though in reality, getting the better job was never really an option since they were not interested.
ChoirGuy

Post by ChoirGuy »

Some schools do publish their salary scales...also, there's always the "I've got a friend who teaches in school A and S/HE makes TONS more than me!"
PsyGuy

Seriously

Post by PsyGuy »

Seriously, you cant stop teachers from bragging about how much they make.
Some schools do publish their salary scales (when they know its the best for instance). The Search database also gives a pretty good range f what the market is in a particular city/region.
wrldtrvlr123

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

[quote="Danda"]your posts are always intersting[/quote]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Indeed. There always seems to be that vague air of being critical of anyone that has the nerve to complain about their school, country etc.

Or maybe he just likes to take the piss.
tdaley26

Post by tdaley26 »

[quote]Seriously, you cant stop teachers from bragging about how much they make.

Yeah, I'm always bragging to my lawyer and accountant friends about my outrageously large salary, my summer home in cape cod, my three range rovers and my gold plated bath-tub![/quote]
jomaramo

Post by jomaramo »

Nice!!!

Is there any vacancy for me?????
PsyGuy

yeah

Post by PsyGuy »

@tdaley26

What positions is your school hiring for next year?
liketotravel

Post by liketotravel »

Maybe they are hiring fake junior admins, who have never visited Australia.
PsyGuy

Well

Post by PsyGuy »

Thats a shame, i happen to be an actual junior admin and have been to australia. Never in the right place at the right time, i guess.
liketotravel

Post by liketotravel »

touché psyguy...hahaha .