Where to stay near SAS-Puxi?

Danda

Where to stay near SAS-Puxi?

Post by Danda »

I just found out I'll be headed to an AP conference at SAS-Puxi next weekend. Pretty last minute approval to go.

I know there are a few people on here familiar with Shanghai. Where would be a good place to stay? I'd like to be close to the campus but also close to some decent restaurants, shopping and transportation. Specific hotels would be greatly appreciated or even just neighborhoods.

I'll only be there for the weekend and won't have a lot of time to sightsee, but would love any tips on things to see and do while there for a short while.

Thanks.
liketotravel

Post by liketotravel »

I was in Pudong last week for an event at BISS and I got to say it was pretty darn cold. Bring your winter gear.

I didn't see much, but took a group of kids to the Bund, which was worth while to see.
mysharona

Post by mysharona »

rabbit
Last edited by mysharona on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danda

Post by Danda »

@mysharona: Thanks for the advice. If I have to choose between proximity to the school or staying somewhere near something to do, I'll choose the latter. Are there any specifically cool neighborhoods or areas in downtown that I should look into? (Huangpu, The Bund, ???) Any good hotels that you would recommend there?