Nishimachi International School Japan

sanaanddaddy

Nishimachi International School Japan

Post by sanaanddaddy »

Does anyone have much information about this school? salary, benefit and basically is it a top school?

Ive been invited to interview with them next month but make good money where I am (6.5 million yen). Only reason I am considering leaving is because Ive been told Nishimachi just under ASIJ an Yokohama as the best schools in Japan.

Thank you
PsyGuy

Search

Post by PsyGuy »

Here are the compensation stats from Search (all amounts are in USD):

Salary: BA+4 years $65K, MA+8 years $70K+
Housing: $1K/month
Furniture Allowance: $4.5K
Moving Allowance: $2.5K
Airfare: 2 years.

I wouldnt say they were a top school, id say they were an upper tier 1 school. Depends where your coming from.
ExpatinAsia99

Re: Nishimachi International School Japan

Post by ExpatinAsia99 »

Any updates on this school. Nothing in a very long time on the paid side.
newguy

Post by newguy »

I've heard some not-so-good things, can't really get into specifics here. PM might be better.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

Salaries flattened a little more, but thats happening all over Japan. Taxes went up, again happened all over Japan. Its still a very good school, and really no review is about as close as you get to a good review. Its still tier one.
sciteach

Post by sciteach »

Personally, I would not call this a Tier 1 school - but what I think a Tier 1 school is different than the next person.

So is it a good school? Yes it is.

Can you save money? Definitely. But with an increase in taxes and lowering of the Yen, international savings have taken a hit.

Would I personally work at this school? Yes I would.

Note that quite a few embassy kids go here - but there is also a sizeable Japanese population. However, this is true of ALL international schools in Japan (apart from the embassy kids).

The best schools in Japan are probably ASIJ and YIS. This is closely followed in no particular order by: St Mary's, Seisen, Canadian Academy, Osaka Senri, Nishimashi and St Maur's.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

This is always the problem with tier status, we tend to have consensus on the elite schools only.
I would not consider any of your schools with the exception of Nishimashi upper tier.