Why so many job openings at the American School of Doha

wherenext

Why so many job openings at the American School of Doha

Post by wherenext »

I just saw on Tie that the American School of Doha posted around 25 jobs/openings.
Are they expanding? Is the school a nightmare and everybody is running away?
If you have some info, please share... I wouldn't want to fall from Scylla to Charybdis!!!
Thanks!
Android

Post by Android »

I wondered about that too. I remember they turned me away even though I have credentials that had something to do with landing me the dream job at the top tier schools in Tokyo. Oh well, everything happens for a reason. I noticed that the principal or head is new though ( and that's bc the previous head who was an amazing one is now in Tokyo. Isn't that funny? ). Perhaps this might be a cause for it? I looked at the website and there are no expansion news or plans or anything like that, so it might just be a "good clean out?" due to factors that not necessarily mean termination? Maybe everyone on their 3rd or 4th year of contract has decided not to recontract anymore for new change? If you really think about it, the list of jobs is not really that big compared to the number of staff on board.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I am a current teacher here at ASD. A couple quick points.

1) All teacher filled out a "what are you doing next year" survey. Even the "maybes" jobs were listed as openings. I would bet half those teachers are staying.

2) Our new directer Dr. Welsh is doing an awesome job! She is well liked and we have a long waiting list of students wishing to get in.

3) Qatar is a fun place to live and teach. Our staff housing is great! The kids we teach are awesome! Our buildings are fantastic! I will probably teach here for at least 4 more years!

and we don't have MYP!!