whatever happened to whazzisname?

scribe

whatever happened to whazzisname?

Post by scribe »

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the rather conspicuous absence of a contributor who had lots to say about every singe topic, and he said it without any attention paid to spelling or mechanical conventions (or, frequently, accuracy)?
Not sure what the "rules" are for forums, but if admin. removed him, I have nothing but respect for their decision, kudos for the move.
dpurple

Replies

Post by dpurple »

On the contrary; whilst he did seem to have too much time on his hands, most of his contributions were considered and on the mark. Hope it's not censorship.
brett

Post by brett »

I wondered the same thing, and I too would say that he has given me some pretty valuable feedback. Although, I have also read others posts where he was rather lame with people.
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

He disappeared and all his posts were removed once before. I frankly find him tiresome with his overly broad assumptions and uninformed opinions. And his attitude--especially the frequent "What's wrong with you?"--eesh, I would hate to have him as an administrator. That said, he occasionally had some useful information but I do wonder about someone with that much time on his hands (and whether he actually had a background in psychology).
internationalgirl2011

Post by internationalgirl2011 »

I think he'll be back under a new username. Someone who spends that much time contributing to ISR forum will find it very hard not to. Some of his advice was good but its a little troubling to see an admin who has THAT MUCH free time. I admit it was too much to see his replies everywhere. I am glad he is gone for the moment.
Android

Post by Android »

That's pretty surprising that the administrators actually took down all his posts.

I wasn't a big fan of many of his posts for I found many errors and misleading information on them. Most of them were opinions that were laced with information that anyone can derive from the internet. I also wondered about his credibility if he was on here all the time, considering that he mentioned that he is an administrator in Denmark ( assuming that it is an international school ). Although his posts were condescending to many (especially anyone who has ESL background) or works at a "2nd tier" schools ( he loved to use that word " tier ", didn't he? ), I still think that the administrators on here are becoming a bit draconian and "Big Brother-ish" with their censorship.

If the administrators were nervous about all the false information spreading around in regards to international schools, then they are forgetting that this is a public forum.