Hotel in Cambridge

JISAlum

Hotel in Cambridge

Post by JISAlum »

I've searched for 'search' 'cambridge' 'boston' 'hotel' and haven't found much in terms of alternatives hotels for the Search Fair in Boston.

Does anyone have a decent hotel close to the Hyatt in Boston for the Search Fair this winter?

Thanks and take care....
JISAlum

Re: Hotels

Post by JISAlum »

[quote="PsyGuy"]The fair isnt in Boston, its in the town of Cambridge, M.A. which is about 3 miles away from Boston. Boston has a lot of hotels, I'm surprised your having a problem. I stay at the Marriot (my company is a preferred vendor for the chain and gets me about $35 a night).[/quote]

That's a great price. I knew the location though- thought someone might have had good experience in hotel near public transportation in either Boston or Cambridge. Having trouble finding hotels with vacencies during the fair.

Finally found a small hotel in ex-firehouse near MIT- so close enough. About $140 per night.

Thanks-
mattr

Hampton

Post by mattr »

We stayed at the Hampton a couple years back. Good price, ~100 and free underground parking.
musings28

Post by musings28 »

...oh my God, we have to book a hotel room already if we are planning on going to the fair? I don't even know if I am going 100% yet! Are there enough hotels in Boston for me to wait much longer and then simply cab it to Cambridge?

Yikes, you guys are scaring me! Boston should have a ton of hotels, no? How much would a cab fare be?
JISAlum

Post by JISAlum »

I'm trying to stay close enough or be able to take public transporation or walk. Couldn't find much open within 10 blocks- or at least those hotels that are listed on the typical travel sites.

Wanted to get my reservation in, have already got one for UNI and will choose soon between two depending on schoo's attending.
musings28

Post by musings28 »

My questions still remain. Any answers??? PsyGuy? :P
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

Just make a reservation and cancel later if you need to. I was lucky to find a room at the Hyatt just a few weeks before the fair this year; once I arrived, I was magically upgraded to a river-view room. I would like to thank the person who canceled at the last minute!
musings28

Post by musings28 »

...that's actually a good idea, to book a room now and cancel later (only if I need to...yeah, wishful thinking that I'd be picked up right away without any IB experience...just want to cover all my bases in case I don't end up going to Cambridge after all!)

Thanks guys :)
musings28

Post by musings28 »

Ok, I'll be cautious about that...thank you!