Itunes

koda

Itunes

Post by koda »

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone uses itunes outside of the US? Do I need to get a VPN to continue downloading from itunes or does just having a US credit card work? (I'd keep a card with my mom's address for this purpose) I want to double check what I need to do in order to still be able to access itunes....

Thanks!!
mathgym

Post by mathgym »

iTunes works in SE Asia. You just need your credit card. I don't know about China, you might need VPN.
Crgallen22

Post by Crgallen22 »

Works fine in Russia as well.

I only wish Barnes and Noble would let me download books onto my Nook!
jessd82

Post by jessd82 »

You might not be able to download new music that hasn't been released in your country yet. When I was in England I wanted to download a new Taylor Swift album, but it said it wasn't avaliable in my region yet, but this may have been because I downloaded iTunes in the UK, not the US, not sure, just my experience :)
koda

Post by koda »

[quote="jessd82"]You might not be able to download new music that hasn't been released in your country yet. When I was in England I wanted to download a new Taylor Swift album, but it said it wasn't avaliable in my region yet, but this may have been because I downloaded iTunes in the UK, not the US, not sure, just my experience :)[/quote]

Jessd82, Did you have a US credit card or did you use a UK card?

My itunes is set up with the US store and I have my US credit card for it. I was just hoping to be able to continue to download tv shows/movies using itunes... does anyone use it for that, or do you guys use just the music part of it?
jessd82

Post by jessd82 »

I had my UK bank card as the authorized card, so maybe that was the problem? I rarely use iTunes because of the mp4 format and instead get music from amazon, which had the country block issue as well.

Hopefully the others are correct in their assesment, as it will be easier for you that way!