International School of London ( in Qatar )

Zsejanko

International School of London ( in Qatar )

Post by Zsejanko »

Hello,

Has anyone heard / worked / is working at this school as of current? I really would be interested to know what it's like to work there and also the living conditions of the area. I am thinking of applying and sending them my resumes and such in a few days. Thanks!
Mike

Post by Mike »

We had a friend last a year there. NOT recommended......
Zsejanko

Post by Zsejanko »

Details as to why not? I'm curious about it and all the other schools in Qatar seem really " national " despite the whole " international school " banner. Any information would be greatly helpful! Thanks.
Mike

Post by Mike »

There are a few international schools: The American School, Qatar Academy, Doha College. All good schools!!

The rest mostly are for profit and lots of locals. Tons of expats here.... so lots of schools opening.

We love Doha! Tons of sporting events! Great weather! Lots of stuff for our kids!! The single teachers feel like its too "boring"

Hope this helps!
Zsejanko

Post by Zsejanko »

i tried applying to those places but they haven't responded back. Just curious as to why Int. School of Lon. in Qat. seems a bit dodgy. It sounds legitimate enough on its website. I wonder if it's the pay? workload? students? mgmt? staff? parents? I wish someone could tell me more details.
OverseasEducator

Post by OverseasEducator »

Any updates?
Mike

Post by Mike »

An old friend lasted a year there...

Lied about the contract.

Didn't sponsor her husband.

Shoddy housing...

Is that enough??
OverseasEducator

Post by OverseasEducator »

Ummm...
not good news...

Anyone else have any comments.

Is there anyone who actually works there?

Please post as my wife and I are trying to decide on this school.

It looks good on the surface.

I don't want one bad comment to discourage us.

Mike, is there a way to contact you or your friend?

Thanks.
sid

Post by sid »

They hired several teachers who had been fired from better schools in Doha, including some of the ones mentioned above. Sends a clear message about how much they care about quality.