Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest

martijem

Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest

Post by martijem »

My husband and I are ready to apply for a few listings that advertise positions in both of our teaching fields. However, I am having difficulty developing the letter of interest/ cover letter. As a teaching team, should we submit only one letter with both our CVs or two seperate letters?
Mike

Post by Mike »

One letter, you are a team!
martijem

Post by martijem »

Thanks Mike!

I am hoping someone can help with a few other questions I have. I am new at this and don't want to make any mistakes that could result in a missed opportunity.
Do you normally send/e-mail copies of your letters of ref. or simply their names and contact information?
Do you send a resume or a CV (a CV is quite a bit longer and I am wondering if that is ok)?
How long does it take for a school to respond (typically)?
Is it unreasonable to hope for an interview (via Skype) or job offer by December (before the job fairs)?

Thanks!
markholmes

Post by markholmes »

I am new to international teaching, but wife and I seem to have landed jobs for next Spetember already.

Our little PDF package goes like this;
Short cover about both of us and the fact we are a family
Longer individual cover letter each
A resume each followed by a list of references (email addresses / phone numbers)
Written references if required

You gotta watch file if you add more.
markholmes

Post by markholmes »

*Gotta watch file size
Last edited by markholmes on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
markholmes

Post by markholmes »

A CV is longer than a resume? I'm from the UK, but living in Canada and my CV and resume are exactly the same. I didn't know there was a difference. Either way, I've always found two sides are quite enough. My wife was a career counsellor for years and she agrees.
martijem

Post by martijem »

Mark
Congrats on landing a job so quickly! Did you interview through Skype or phone? Thank you so much for your help!
markholmes

Post by markholmes »

It was through a recruiter.

We have managed to contact teachers in the school and other teachers who live in the area and the school gets good reports.