International School of Myanmar

wherenext

International School of Myanmar

Post by wherenext »

Hello,

Do you know anything about that school? There are 4 reviews in ISR about that school, but none on this one! IS the school new? big? nice? etc.
What is it like to live in Burma?

Hope someone can help!

Wherenext
markholmes

Post by markholmes »

Didn't it used to be called YIEC (Yangon International Educare or something like that)?
wherenext

Post by wherenext »

Thanks Markhomes.
I'm not quite sure it is the same, the directors' names do not match.
One thing is sure though: they both are on the lower steps of the package/salary scales.
hsuhsu

Post by hsuhsu »

[quote="wherenext"]Thanks Markhomes.
I'm not quite sure it is the same, the directors' names do not match.
One thing is sure though: they both are on the lower steps of the package/salary scales.[/quote]

Hi. I used to work at the International School of Myanmar and now work at another school in Yangon. I can verify that YIEC and International School of Myanmar are the same school. They changed their name a couple of years ago. The directors' names and the rest of the administration are different because the entire administration team left the school at the same time. The old director (Tim Travers) took the director position at the International School of Yangon (ISY). The Elementary Principal (Donny McCoy) took a position over at Yangon International School (YIS).

Finally, no the school is definitely not new or nice. The facilities are run down and resources for teachers and students are scarce.
wherenext

Post by wherenext »

thanks! I'll cross this one out...