He is back!

internationalgirl2011

He is back!

Post by internationalgirl2011 »

Did you notice that psyguy is back? and now every single post gets a page long response. It was so nice without him. Why did admin bring him back?
PsyGuy

No

Post by PsyGuy »

Not every post.
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

It was a very short-lived retirement.
internationalgirl2011

See! His comment proves my point.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

This post isnt a page long, hows that prove your point, not that you had one.

@heyteach: I got bored, seriously its cold, and there's like 8 hours of daylight here.
internationalgirl2011

My point is that you respond to pretty much everything. Your posts are long and repetitive . Most importantly you very often come across as patronizing and unkind. It was nice when you were gone.
MMMC

Post by MMMC »

Hi,
Last edited by MMMC on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

This afternoon I walked barefoot on the beach. The sun's setting early, around 6 pm. I could never live in Europe.
MMMC

Post by MMMC »

Heyteach I'm jealous! No beach to speak of here. Can you shed some light on any age limit issues my husband may have. He's early 50's but a highly successful secondary math guy so hopefully we'll land a job in a country we like. Werent't you in SA? Do you mind me asking which country? We're looking for a laid back campus in a tropical climate but if Europe is all we can get with 3 kids, we'd be willing to go there. Especially if we can get them a great education on the free. Not sure how well my husband can handle the cold/rainy weather but it may be our only option. The school system here in Texas is struggling academically and financially so we have to go somewhere else pretty soon.
Thanks
silvertone

Post by silvertone »

[quote="internationalgirl2011"]My point is that you respond to pretty much everything. Your posts are long and repetitive . Most importantly you very often come across as patronizing and unkind. It was nice when you were gone.[/quote]
Is this a case of the pot calling the kettle black? Or, am I missing some back story here?
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

MMMC, I'm older than your husband; they were looking for someone with a lot of experience. A number of the expat teachers are middle-aged. Yes, I was in SA but wanted something totally outside my realm of experience. A few bumps in the transition but life is shaping up well here. Those long walks on the beach sure help.

Besides never teaching in Europe, I decided three months into my first overseas posting I would never teach in the U.S. again.
PsyGuy

Comments

Post by PsyGuy »

@heyteach:
Yeah I miss the beach, warm weather too (I also miss Japan at times), south China was nice... Lived a higher lifestyle as well. everyone in Europe is "just getting by" pretty much. I agree with you, I would never teach back in the states again, and honestly I dont think I could, at least not in a public school. I havent really kept up with the changing laws, and regulations regarding Curriculum, and assessment. I could maybe do a private school, but I wouldnt be happy (well maybe in Hawaii). That said, and no offense but I'd also never teach in the middle east.

@silvertone:
Yeah your missing a lot of backstory. I really dont know what I said to Daisy or InterNationalGirl2011, but I guess everyone has to have a nemesis, and I just stood in the nemesis line twice???

@InterNationalGirl2011:

I understand you want the full page PsyGuy treatment as well. I suppose you will just have to wait.
wrldtrvlr123

Re: Comments

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

[quote="PsyGuy"]@heyteach:
@silvertone:
Yeah your missing a lot of backstory. I really dont know what I said to Daisy or InterNationalGirl2011, but I guess everyone has to have a nemesis, and I just stood in the nemesis line twice???
[/quote]

You just seem to make friends everywhere you go, don't you? :lol:
dreamgiver

Post by dreamgiver »

I appreciate PsyGuy's posts because he's not scared to say what may need to be said. And he's worked in many international schools for years so he seems to know his stuff. Some of his posts have been really helpful to me as I'm a newbie learning the ropes. In any reply you can just ignore the stuff you need to ignore and take the gems of information that are usually there.