Go for 2nd tier in 2nd choice city or hold out?

shadowjack

Re: Go for 2nd tier in 2nd choice city or hold out?

Post by shadowjack »

I can attest, through a few interactions with heads, that (a) yes, heads to talk and share; (b) there is a network of heads and a list.

Is it all-knowing/seeing/encompassing? No, but technology continues to improve and there is greater impetus for heads to be checking lists and credentials/documents year over year.
Walter

Post by Walter »

@vandsmith The answer is that if I really liked a candidate and subsequently discovered him or her to be on the list we keep, then I'd check with the head and with the candidate. It would certainly not be in the candidate's favour if the time at that school were "forgotten" on the resume.

@dave "I only comment from personal experience and reliable and trusted sources..." Not sure that your stories and the stories of your imaginary friends really count as data, David.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@SJ

Your interactions with HOSs is bunk, what do you expect them to do tell you there isnt. There is no blacklist nor any chain letter. Sure leadership talks, but thats not a blacklist and its not a 10K+ social network.

@Walter

Utter bunk, its fear peddling to coerce an IT to tell you what you cant access. Tell us the tale, and we might give you an interview despite your name being on some file cabinet post it not. Why would they do that, oh thats right they wouldnt, not that this list exists.

The only thing thats imaginary is what you think you know, which is to say nothing,that and your chain letter list network.
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

To those who actually know something--

How often do "he's a troublemaker" or "agitator" or "bad for staff unity" type warnings about staff show up on these boards? How do you interpret those types of comments?

ETA: Also posting this question in the other thread. Might be a better place to answer.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

@PG = the head who I had my last conversation regarding this is an incredibly ethical person. And the list was mentioned. How do I know it wasn't bunk? The character of the director and the fact that someone was trying to attack me, which was what triggered all this, (nothing to do with teaching, just someone with an over the top vendetta). It ended up rebounding on the someone.

So yes, as per that conversation plus one or two others over the years, I would say there is communcation and a list. Is it the be all end all police state list? Of course not. But is information shared and people aware. Definitely.

@TP - I don't know, but I know for me my head was going to post specifics only - what the person did rather than generic. At least this is what I was told.

Walter?
Walter

Post by Walter »

There is no centralized list. For any of the organizations to host one would be in contravention of labour law in many parts of the world. However, I do know that heads make their own lists based on advisories that come out on a regular basis. Most of the advisories are pretty vanilla and simply give a name and tell other heads to make contact before hiring. There are a few, though, that are quite specific. Most often, these latter are about student safety issues.