Couple Interviews

Fraisinette

Couple Interviews

Post by Fraisinette »

Hello Everybody,

Getting ready for our First Ever Job Fair and Skype Interview next week as well. We are a married teacher couple and are wondering if recruiters/interviewers interview candidates separately or in couples? Has anybody here been interviewed alongside their partner?

TIA
UnCloudy

Re: Couple Interviews

Post by UnCloudy »

Deleted. Best wishes!
Last edited by UnCloudy on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nathan61

Post by nathan61 »

My wife and I did a few interviews this year where we talked as a couple, and then individually, and then as a couple again at the end. One thing that helped me a lot in a skype interview is having a friend in the room listening. For me anyway a real human presence helps me focus and get into the zone.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

In general if there is only one vacancy you will be interviewed individually. The exception to this is if your a rock star teacher and the preliminary conversation or indication is that your spouse needs a position as part of the package.

If there are dual vacancies its not uncommon to be interviewed together. Usually schools dont have time to be inefficient with interview times. Either the school knows it wants you in which case the interview is a formality and more a social conversation, than a selection process or they have a lot of interviews and doing 2 for the time of 1 is a time savings for them. This isnt to say separate interviews are impossible.

You can also ask to have your spouse accompany you to the interview at sign up.
wntriscoming

Post by wntriscoming »

We've always had interviews together. If we've had a 2nd/3rd interview, sometimes we've had separate then, especially when we'd be working in different divisions with different principals.

Personally, I find interviewing as a couple much more stressful than just worrying about myself. :)
Cheery Littlebottom

Post by Cheery Littlebottom »

Interviewed together by skype. However, if you are teaching in different divisions you would quite possibly be interviewed separately by the division heads.