Official: What are the top paying schools in each country?

specialed

Post by specialed »

"Guys what is the problem? I don't expect anyone to know everyone about everything but the title of the thread isn't any particular country. Hopefully it will be a thread that has less bitching and more information. If you know anything about your school or other schools ect....

WRITE IT...... Enough already..........I don't have a particular area i'm looking i'm open to just about anywhere... thus the thread...... :roll:

Wow and you are asking for help with that attitude! You seem like a person demanding that people do your bidding for you. Check around the sites for their salary schedule. "Enough already" to quote you, I don't like helping people with major attitudes! People have tried to give you feedback yet you slam them. Good luck.
samuraiwriter

Post by samuraiwriter »

In Istanbul Turkey I must say that ENKA OKULLARİ has the best overall package. Salary is competitive (if not the best) as the housing pushes it over the top. Their international teachers live in apartments right on the Bosphorus (Bebek, Yeniköy, Emirgan, etc...) Other schools in the city have you living either on campus or waaay outside the heart of the city, which is where you will spend most of your time. All utilities paid except internet and phone.

I am not extending my contract but it has nothing to with the salary and benefits.

Hope this helps.
Rainbow

schools in UAE

Post by Rainbow »

Any info on the best schools in UAE?
priscilla747

Post by priscilla747 »

I agree that it's 'fair' to ask the qusetion that schley asked as there are obvioulsly no rules on this forum against requesting that kind of information, but I also think that it's a somewhat naive way of going about narrowing down your search for work. The person who said that you have to consider many other factors besides just the moeny and benefits is very right, and a 'great' package is no guarantee of a good / happy teaching experience. What's the point of making loads of money if every day that you go to work you loathe being there? This year I'm working in a school where I'm making less than I was last year but I'm so much happier because the staff morale and support is so much better. That's worth more than the extra cash to me.
sorted

Post by sorted »

best school for $ in the UAE would be one of the tertiary ones HCT or Zayed University. Typically need a masters but not always, especially given the US dollar being in the doldrums which the dirham is pegged to.

benefits include paying for int. school and annual flights for up to 3 kids.
schley

Post by schley »

Last edited by schley on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worldtravel

Post by worldtravel »

How was UNI? Who was there? Did most candidates accept positions?
themeleks

Post by themeleks »

Fair was great- very well-organized and the people were nice
We accepted positions at Schutz American School in Alexandria, Egypt. I don't have any official stats, but almost everyone I talked to accepted a position somewhere. There were a lot of candidates, but more jobs.
Danda

Numbers?

Post by Danda »

Schley,

Give us some numbers. degree + experience = ??????

Thanks.
Overhere

Post by Overhere »

"BEST PACKAGE?" and again how are you determining this? It depends on what you are looking for and if living on a compound in Saudia Arabia and making a lot of money does it for you then great! For me, just making a lot of money doesn't make it the BEST PACKAGE.
schley

Post by schley »

Last edited by schley on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott

Congrats

Post by Scott »

Congrats on the new job at Aramco, Schley. I've known a few people who have worked there and they raved about it, in spite of the compound living. Even if you only stay 2-3 years, you'll save a boat load of cash and work with some great people.
intlveteran

Post by intlveteran »

Schley, you must have been very busy comparing all the packages of all the schools in all the world in order to be able to make such a bold, emphatic statement. Must have been a very big fair, as well, what with all those thousands of international schools there from the 200+ countries or so which exist. How did you even find the time to interview?

The point is, you are comparing only what you know or have personally seen or experienced. Everything is relative. In terms of finances and benefits, I have experienced better. In terms of quality of life, I have experienced much better. But this is something you may eventually find out for yourself.
curiousteacher

Post by curiousteacher »

Yeah, we're all doing it for different reasons, no? I personally can't imagine life on a compound no matter what the salary. Though if you can stomach it and the cash is important and you're a good teacher, why not? Saudi Aramco is what it is. Some of us are in it for the adventure, some of us are in it for escape, and alas, some of us are in if for the money: but really, if you're a good teacher, what difference does it make? Good luck to all of us who've made a transition this year--and let the luck extend to both personal and professional realms.