Anybody applied to UWCSEA?

KEL_81

Anybody applied to UWCSEA?

Post by KEL_81 »

Hi,

I'm new to this forum as this is my first year trying to break in to the international circuit! Has anybody else applied for the recent UWCSEA vacancies? The closing date wad the 23/10 and I'm wondering if anybody has heard anything or knows how long it can take to get a response? I have also applied to Epsom Malaysia but closing date isn't until tomorrow for that one.

migratingbird

Post by migratingbird »

I applied and also haven't heard anything. Fingers crossed.
KEL_81

Post by KEL_81 »

That's good to hear! Looking at posts on forums from their recruitment last year, it was mid-end of November before people were contacted, I think they get a lot of applications! Are you already on the international circuit?
KEL_81

Post by KEL_81 »

I see from another post that we are in a similar position in terms of non teaching spousr and a daughter. Hope we both get some luck! Did you apply to Epsom Malaysia?
migratingbird

Post by migratingbird »

No, my partner isn't looking at any unis there for his study at the mo. Only applied to Singapore so far and am waiting for HK jobs to come up.
KEL_81

Post by KEL_81 »

Some Hong Kong jobs came up on TES website on Friday.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

its still early in the recruiting process, most schools are finding out now who is and isnt returning. At this stage they are just building a candidate pool, and some of those vacancies are not going to become actual vacancies.
Most schools wont start looking until mid year holiday and thats going to flow into the big job fairs, thats when schools will start actively recruiting.
DCgirl

Post by DCgirl »

I know someone who was recently contacted and has interviews with UWC this week.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

As has been discussed before, the top teachers usually get contacted about this time. Whats qualifies as a top candidate to an individual school varies.