Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

[quote="Cheery Littlebottom"]Rant deleted![/quote]
----------------------------------------------------------------

Too bad. I love a good rant.
Cheery Littlebottom

Post by Cheery Littlebottom »

Hi ChoirGuy
Nah, I couldn't find it!
We are very good candidates, and also have some strong connections with ISB, so naturally we are hopeful (if there are vacances.) However, the page for jobs says there is a link that is open from Oct 1st, but we can't find it! I must admit, I am feeling pretty stupid about it. I think if nothing becomes clickable by tomorrow, I'll email my friend there.
It's very frustrating.
How's your job hunt going? Did you want to know about working in the US system or was that someone else?
I'm am not American but have transferred pretty seamlessly between curricula: In science, it's pretty much the same science wherever you go, just differing assessment methods.
Good luck!
ChoirGuy

Post by ChoirGuy »

Hi Cheery,
yes, it's me who wants to transition to the American system. I'm American, but have been in the British/Int'l system for a LONG time...tried (unsuccessfully) to break into one of the "big" schools last time around. Missed out because "you have a lot of outstanding experience, but have never taught choir in the classroom and we have someone who has." I think it had to do with my dependents (3 of them) as well.
Would LOVE to get into ISB as I lived in Thailand for 4 years and worked really well with the music people at ISB...will probably contact them as well.
Cheery Littlebottom

Post by Cheery Littlebottom »

Yes, I hear you on the dependents thing. I believe ISB has a quota of permitted teachers kids, so this may influence their recruiting strategy. We have only the requisite 2 kids as a teaching couple, but still....
I suppose we merely mortal supplicants just have to take what comes!
Again, good luck.