Deleted

Mathman

Post by Mathman »

It is probably HR dragging their feet. Email the head and just mention that you are waiting for a contract. Don't be surprised if the HR has no idea what is happening, it is a common theme in China.....can't blame them, impossible to keep up with beaureacracy
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

Especially since talking to the HOD, other faculty and "answering question" means nothing, in absence of a contract. Whats your defense going to be "I talked to the department head and other people, so that means they gave me the job", thats laughable.

If the school could expend so much "work" and effort on "contacting and answering questions" why cant they spend the 15 minutes of time and work to do something that actually has meaning, like sending a contract.

@Mathman

5 months, and admin/head doesnt know whats going on? The only way that kind of foot dragging happens is when someone with authority "SAYS" to drag their feet.
Mathman

Post by Mathman »

Or the person of authority is not really in charge...or is just a crappy administrator
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@Mathman

Neither one of which, inspires me to modify my previous position.
happygolucky

Post by happygolucky »

This is a weird scenario. I was offered a job in December and I got my Z visa a few days ago and I fly out in about 6 weeks. Given the time it takes to do a medical, wait for test results, get the contract, have it witnessed, send your papers over to china, have the invite and work permit sent back, get the paperwork for the embassy and then wait for the visa, Id say its going to be pushing it now to get it sorted for the start of the AY
Mathman

Post by Mathman »

Medical exam, go in the morning, results in the afternoon. Email results to school.
Next day, school takes all the paperwork to foreign workers office. two weeks for paperwork to be complete.
DHL 2-3 days.
Visa same day if you pay extra, 3 if you don't. Having been granted a Z visa previously obviously helps.

And they can hurry up your paperwork in China if they have connections.

A week if you are in a convenient time zone with facilities, 3 otherwise.
higgsboson

Post by higgsboson »

[quote = mathman] Having been granted a Z visa previously obviously helps. [/quote]

I get more confused the more comments I read. China clearly needs to get its act together. The school I'm going to had me do my medical first, as a requirement for the letter of invitation to get the Z-Visa. And NO WAY would they accept an email of the results. Nothing but the originals will do.

I did the health check in late March and I still haven't gotten my letter of invitation.
happygolucky

Post by happygolucky »

[quote="higgsboson"][quote = mathman] Having been granted a Z visa previously obviously helps. [/quote]

I get more confused the more comments I read. China clearly needs to get its act together. The school I'm going to had me do my medical first, as a requirement for the letter of invitation to get the Z-Visa. And NO WAY would they accept an email of the results. Nothing but the originals will do.

I did the health check in late March and I still haven't gotten my letter of invitation.[/quote]

I had 4-5 weeks between papers inc medical going over there and the invitations/work permit coming over here via DHL.

The medical situation is that if you are applying for a Z visa, you must do a medical before you apply for the visa at the consulate. Our local embassy makes this clear.

Some provinces may (depending on the nation the medical was issued in) allow you to use the one done at home instead of getting a second medical in China. The medical must be no more than 6 months old for this to apply. Not all provinces do this, remember they are all different, but Guangdong does sometimes.

The only way you are getting the medical in China without first doing it overseas is if youre being brought in on an L Visa as a tourist. The sample medical I was given from my employer was completed in Manchester, so I assume this is the same for any country.
gengrant

Post by gengrant »

Just wondering what the final disposition of this dilemma was?
Mathman

Post by Mathman »

Well I got my z visa within days of getting the papers, now getting the residency papers.