GRC Reference

GRC Reference

Postby schoolofrock » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:22 am

My wife and I have signed up with ISS and GRC. Because of a glitch in the system, she was able to see all of her references in GRC. She saw that one of her references gave her a "Good hire, give me a call" response instead of the one that says she is endorsed without reservation. This surprised her because 1, In 10 years of working for this man, he never once gave her any negative feedback, including for yearly performance reviews and 2, he expressed nothing but support in our job search, even offering to reach out to contacts on her behalf. She was under the impression that she has his full support.

So how damaging is it to get a "Good hire, give me a call" response on GRC?

Obviously we don't know what he said on ISS but we hope that because there is more of a chance to elaborate on the ISS reference form, there would at least be some positive things said, along with whatever his issue with her is.

Should my wife reach out to this reference (indirectly, of course) to find out what the issue is?

Has anyone else become aware of a less than great reference but still had a successful job search?

Thanks for any feedback.
schoolofrock

Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:57 am

Response

Postby PsyGuy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:42 am

Is there something youre not telling us? If the work relationship was all positive and rainbows and pixie dust than dont worry about it. If not, hat are you really going to do about it. if you contact the referring leader what are they going to say, they will either deny that it means anything which may or not be true or they will cite some kind of minor issue that may or may not be a cause of concern. You know something you shouldnt, and unless youre seriously prepared to do something about it, which probably isnt going to work out well, you may want to consider putting it out of your mind and acting as if you never saw it.

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:51 am

Re: GRC Reference

Postby schoolofrock » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:03 am

Good advice. Thanks @psyguy
schoolofrock

Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:57 am

Return to Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests