Readers/Writers Workshop in Latin America

Readers/Writers Workshop in Latin America

Postby wander » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:11 pm

I am searching for schools that use Readers and Writers Workshop in Latin America. I would love to find a school in South America next year but I'm open to Central America as well.

Postby BRMC » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:33 pm

Colegio FDR, The American School of Lima uses Readers and Writers workshop. Implemented a few years ago.
BRMC

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:17 am

Postby wander » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:31 am

Thanks! Anyone know of any others? I am shooting for South american next year and I would like to have a list of schools that use Workshop.

Postby Doctor » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:15 am

International School of Curitiba in Brazil is big into readers/writers workshop.
They just had a 1 week conference here with some guru in the field.
Doctor

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:28 am

Postby wander » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:59 am

Thanks! I saw that yesterday when I was researching schools in Brazil. How was Curitiba?

Postby shawanda » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:53 pm

EARJ did, but for all it's natural beauty, I rather be working in my hometown of East St. Louis again than Rio again. I never got held up at gunpoint in East St. Louis or had the army launch a military operation from our school campus in East St. Louis. East St. Louis like Vienna compared to Rio.
shawanda

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:47 pm

Inquiry

Postby PsyGuy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:24 am

@Doctor

Was the guru any good?

My experience of RWW is anything more than 6 hours and your just padding the run time and the training invoice.

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:51 am

Return to Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests