VP Packages

VP Packages

Postby truenorth27 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:14 pm

Hello ISR Members

Looking for a bit of advice regarding my current compensation. I am the elementary Vice -Principal of a Vietnamese Bilingual school. We have around 500 students. We run on an international school schedule with 188 working days per year. I am curious how my package stacks up against others in the same position.

I have an M.Ed and principal quals from Canada. Single, no dependents. I have 7 years teaching experience and this is my 3rd year of school leadership.

My after tax salary is 60k USD per year. I am also given 1000 USD net per month for housing (current rent is 620$), annual return flights and health insurance.

Are there any other VP's out there who care to share their package. I am curious how this stacks up.

Postby sid » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:23 pm

You’re doing fine. Better than some, worse than some, but overall it’s a decent package for the job and context. Probably on the generous side actually, considering the small size and your relative inexperience.
sid

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:44 am

Postby shadowjack » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:59 pm

You are being compensated in your range. Nothing the matter with it.
shadowjack

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:49 am

Postby truenorth27 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:58 pm

Thank you, appreciate the feedback.

Response

Postby PsyGuy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:33 am

Better than average for location and roles but nothing to drool over.

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:51 am

Postby shadylane » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:53 am

That was almost exactly my package as a classroom teacher at my last school.
shadylane

Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:11 am
Location: SE Asia

Postby truenorth27 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:05 pm

Thanks again for all the input.

I'm in my early 30's so I often wondered how much of I haircut I was taking for being a relatively young administrator.

You've put my mind at ease. Cheers.

Postby PsyGuy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:02 am

@truenorth27

Youre not taking a haircut, your entering the leadership salary earlier and thus will climb it sooner than those leadership that entered later.

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:51 am

Return to Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests