International Schools Review
Teachers Keeping Each Other Informed

CS Endorsement

CS Endorsement

Postby intltchr » Fri May 10, 2019 2:44 am

There are ten states that allow a CS endorsement via praxis. https://www.ets.org/s/praxis/pdf/passing_scores.pdf

Are there any ideal states to choose from in terms of reciprocation? Could I reciprocate with QTS or California later and how much is the added utility worth? I'm looking to complement a math credential. Physics is supposed to be another option but I usually see physics considered more of a science than a math and CS is grouped together with math (by the college board for example).
intltchr

Postby PsyGuy » Fri May 10, 2019 8:50 am

Not very accurate information, its missing DC which also has a CS endorsement, and accepts the PRAXIS. In addition your list is just those that use the PRAXIS not that you could get an endorsement solely by examination using it.

Not of the ones in the list you provided. The gold standard in IE is CA, they essentially dictate the US NC in IE. You would need to add the endorsement before transitioning to CA, if you want to take advantage of the PRAXIS availability.

There is only room in the QTS dossier for two teaching fields and neither of them would be listed (currently) on your QTS certificate.

Yes physics is considered a science, but its highly math intensive at SLL, which is why its often seen paired with maths in IE. Maths, Physics and C/CSci (ICT) is a rather strong combination when recruiting in IE. However, ICT is usually whole school or divided between secondary and primary. Its an elective (meaning its not taught all year like the core courses of maths, science, social studies, literature, etc. are).
PsyGuy

Return to Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching